Being a part of a community, no matter where you live, is important to help your City thrive!
Serving on a board for the City of Mount Dora can help YOUR community flourish through discussion, ideas and presentations. Through these ideas and discussions, citizens of Mount Dora have a say in how the City grows and maintains the charm that makes us ‘Someplace Special’
There are several openings on City Advisory Boards and Commissions and we are looking for citizens who want to shape a better tomorrow for Mount Dora!
We are looking to fill seats for the following Boards:
- Planning and Zoning Commission – help shape smart growth and development
- Community Redevelopment Agency – help establish economic and social viability for the community
- Northeast Community Redevelopment Advisory Board – help shape economic and social viability and housing issues in the North East area of Mount Dora
- Historic Preservation Board – help with the historic preservation of the city through codes, structures, future projects, property protection and public programs
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board – advise City Council about City Parks and Recreation Facilities
- Public Arts Commission – help make decisions about public art displays, encourage creativity and education and art appreciation throughout the city.
- Library Advisory Board – help advise the Library Manager about development of the Library and Library programs.
These boards are looking for three new members each! You can serve on one or several boards and pick the topic that interests you and where you can make an impact on the community!
All you have to do is fill out an application either online or in person and submit it to the Office of the City Manager at 510 North Baker Street, Mount Dora, FL 32757